Baked Shell Pasta
This recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner, for the week. It can be separated into 8-10 portions! I recommend you freeze servings to have when you need a fast lunch or dinner!
- 9×9 inch pan
- 3 cups shell pasta
- 6 ounces plant based ricotta
- 1 jar marinara sauce (pasta sauce)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp basil (dry)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 tsp minced)
- 1 cup mushrooms Optional
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup Plant Based Cheese
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the pasta for 15-20 minutes
- While pasta cooks, mix pasta sauce, water, diced tomatoes, seasonings and mushrooms together.
- Drain the pasta. Mix almond milk with ricotta. Add almond milk little by little until creamy, avoid watery texture.
- Add half of the pasta to a 9×9 inch pan. Add half of the sauce mixture to the pan. Add a layer of (1/2 cup) plant based cheese. Poor half of ricotta mixture to the top of the pasta.
- Add the rest of the pasta. Add half of the sauce mixture. Add a layer (1/2 cup) of the plant based cheese to top. Add the other half of the ricotta mixture to the top. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with fresh spinach.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove, let cool, and enjoy!