Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Egg salad sandwiches can be high in cholesterol if eaten regularly, try this recipe for a healthy, protein packed alternative!
- 1 can Chickpeas (Rinsed and drained)
- 3 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 2 Pickles (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper as needed
- 4 slices Whole Grain/Whole Wheat Bread
- Sliced Avocado, onion, tomato, and spinach (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a for for texture.
- Add pickles, mayo, mustard, agave, salt, pepper, and mix with spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add seeds.
- Toast bread (Optional) and prepare any other sandwich toppings desired.
- Scoop any amount of filling onto two pieces of bread, add toppings.
- The mixture will keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, making it great for quick weekday lunches.