Recipe Highlights: Quinoa, Bell Peppers, and Asparagus
Make Quinoa The Main Course!
- medium pot
- frying pan
- 1.5 cup quinoa
- 1 half onion chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 16 spears Asparagus
- 2 tbsp earth balance butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Large Bell Peppers sliced
- Place quinoa in 3 cups of water, and simmer for about 10 minutes with top on. Or until water evaporates.
- While quinoa boils place asparagus in a frying pan with 2 tbsp of butter. Shake 1/2 tsp of sea salt on asparagus. Shake 1/2 tsp of garlic powder on asparagus. Place top and cook on low-medium heat.
- In the other frying pan place 1 tbsp of avocado oil, then add sliced bell peppers and chopped onions to the pan. Saute on medium high heat, flipping until slightly brown. Reduce heat to low and place top.
- Turn off the asparagus. Once quinoa is done, add 1 tbsp avocado oil, garlic powder, 1 tsp sea salt. Mix well and place top on quinoa without heat.
- Scoop 1 cup of quinoa on plate, top with bell peppers. Add 4 asparagus spears as a side. And enjoy!
- Add plant based egg (tofu egg, or Just Egg brand).
- Add plant based meats such as Beyond Meat Brand, Light Life Brands, or Gardein Branded meats.
- Add a can of any bean (kidney beans or pinto beans).
*I am in no way affiliated with the companies/brands mentioned in this recipe. These are recommendations based on my own opinions and consumption of these products.