Recipe Highlight: Turmeric
The staple of curry! Turmeric has made headlines for decades! Curcumin, the compound causing all of the buzz, is to blame for the many benefits making Turmeric so popular. Time and time again Turmeric has shown multiple benefits for those with heart disease, brain disease, cancers, and inflammation. Just like many of our other ingredients, it contains antioxidants to prevent cell damage. If you can fit Turmeric into your diet, now is the time!
This mushroom ravioli is delicious! We used the Kite Hill Brand which utilizes almond milk ricotta for a delicious creamy texture. You have to try it!
- 1 Package Mushroom Stuffed Ravioli
- 1.5 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder or granulated onion
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 1/2 – 1 tsp tapioca starch (optional and depends on the desired thickness)
- 1 whole Tomato
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 ounce Pepita/pumpkin seeds
- Cook ravioli as recommended on package.
- While ravioli cooks. In a bowl, add paprika, onion powder, turmeric, Nutritional Yeast, to almond milk and stir well.
- Add to pan and heat to medium. Stir well until all seasonings are fully absorbed.
- Add butter. Stir well. Reduce heat to low.
- Add tapioca or corn starch, consider using fine strainer to prevent clumping. Stir well with whisk or fork.
- Add minced garlic (we add last to preserve nutrients)
- Add large chopped tomato. Stir and cover with juices.
- Add Ravioli to the sauce and cover well.
- Serve and Enjoy!