Pizza is the comfort food of our childhood. From the homemade oven baked pizzas, to the oily deliciousness of Pizza Hut, pizza is available in many different forms.
The most difficult ingredients to replicate is, the cheese and pepperoni.
Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Cheese
This cheese brand is the closest thing to dairy cheese! Not only does it melt, but the flavor is also very similar to cheese. Whether this cheese is on a burger or on your pizza, let me tell you, it does not disappoint! I actually learned about this cheese from a random angel while working one day. She yelled, “I’m Italian and I just love this cheese!” Well let me tell you, so do I!
Sweet Earth Italian Pepperoni Plant Based Deli Slices
These are brand new and do not disappoint! They may be hard to find as they are one of the newest sweet earth plant based meats. The brand utilizes Chickpeas and Wheat Gluten to make this meat substitute which will make anti-soy eaters very happy. On this pizza this meat substitute is perfect, after baking the texture is chewy and delicious.
Seriously, The Best Plant Based (Vegan) Pizza
- Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter
- 1/2 tbsp Plant Based Butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 tbsp Marinara (I used mushroom marinara pasta sauce)
- 4-5 slices Follow Your Heart Mozzarella slices (Sliced into thin long pieces)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (contains mixture of dry parsley, oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1 Banza Chickpea Pizza Crust Or here is a homemade recipe I love (Replace the cow’s milk with soy milk): https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/244638/no-yeast-pizza-crust/
- 2 slices Sweet Earth Italian Plant Based Pepperoni
- Rub avocado oil all over the pizza crust (homemade or premade)
- Place marinara sauce at the center of the crust, then spread in a circular motion towards the edges. Sauce will be thin when spread, avoid a thick spread.
- Lay mozzarella slices vertically as noted in the photos above. Then lie the rest of the slices horizontally. This will form a net like pattern.
- Chop the spinach, and sprinkle over the pizza. Tear pepperoni slices or slice into squares, and spread on pizza.
- Bake pizza for 10 minutes. May be longer for premade pizza crust – see recipe above.
- Brush or rub butter around the crust edges.
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings on to the crust, starting at the edges and moving toward the center.