Before Checking Out Our Plant Based Recipes
Here Are Some Things To Keep In Mind
- Bulk prepping works best with Quinoa, Rice, Barley, and Whole Wheat Pastas. Basically any grain! (See Act Section to learn more about Bulk Prep)
- Quinoa is the best to bulk prep as it can be used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Just scoop the cooked quinoa from your storage container and add ingredients; you will see some of my quinoa recipes below.
- Always read the recipe from beginning to end BEFORE you start cooking. This will prevent frustration.
- If a recipe has ingredients you don’t have (which will be rare if you’re following our simple recipes), feel free to substitute or use google for ideas on substitutions. We usually provide details on substitutions.
- Have fun! I recommend choosing 1-2 recipes to follow for dinner each week; especially for those who are learning to cook. Recipes are a great way to sharpen cooking skills!
- Must have condiments, spices, and herbs:
- Oregano (powder or fresh)
- Onion (powder or fresh)
- Chili powder
- Nutritional yeast
- Sea Salt
- Consider: Thyme, Red chili flakes, cumin, turmeric, ginger, and cilantro (coriander).
- Must have baking ingredients:
- Agave or cane sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract