Recipe Highlights: Broccoli and Garlic
Simple Angel Hair Alfredo
- 1 cup plant based milk (I used soy for the protein, any alternative is fine)
- 4 tbsp tofutti sour cream (use double tapioca starch if no sour cream is available)
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch or corn starch
- 2 tbsp plant based butter (e.g., earth balance)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic or garlic powder (1 tsp)
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 8 ounces Angle hair pasta
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes without juice
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups Broccoli
- Place 8 cups of water on stove in a large pot. Place on high heat.
- While waiting for the water to boil, start cooking the alfredo sauce; angel hair pasta tends to cook fairly quickly so the sauce needs to be ready.
- Place plant based milk in a pan, bring to a light simmer.
- Add sour cream, 1 tbsp butter, onions, garlic, and oregano. Stir well and allow to sit on low heat covered.
- As water starts to boil, turn heat to medium and add pasta to cook. Sprinkle salt in pot to prevent sticking.
- While pasta cooks sift the tapioca or corn starch into sauce (if you do not have a sifter sprinkle in and stir immediately). Stir the sauce well. Add avocado oil.
- Add diced tomatoes to the sauce and allow to simmer. Then turn off the heat.
- Strain pasta and place in a serving dish, pour sauce over the pasta and mix. Sprinkle black pepper over the pasta.
- Add 4 cups of fresh broccoli (or frozen) to pan with 1 tbsp butter, turn to medium heat.
- Place top over the broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Remove top and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Serve as a side to your alfredo and enjoy! Add salt and pepper to taste.