Simple Whole Wheat Waffles
Simple and easy!
- waffle maker
- mixing bowl
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp Agave (alternative 3 tbsp any sugar)
- 1.25 cup Almond Milk (Any other milk will work fine)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (May sub 1/4 cup of softened earth balance or other butter)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a 2nd bowl add warm milk, agave, and oil. Mix well.
- Add egg replacement, mix well. Let sit for 30 seconds, then mix.
- Slowly pour and mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Lumpy batter will create a fluffy waffle. Mix for about 20-30 seconds. Try not to over mix. (Mix should not stick to the whisk, it should be smooth like pancake batter. If thicker than usual feel free to add 1 tbsp of water until consistency improves)
- At this time consider adding any extras such as dairy free chocolate chips, blueberries, cinnamon, vanilla, or pumpkin spice. (fresh fruits will mix best)
- Place in waffle maker per manufacturer instructions.
- Top with earth balance butter, and add all your favorite fruits. Use agave as syrup and enjoy!