Recipe Highlights: Turmeric & Firm Tofu
This is one of the cheapest plant based egg substitutions. Just egg is a great substitution but it tends to be expensive and yields less servings. But firm tofu is only $1-2 for 14 ounces of organic tofu! So consider adding it to your grocery list!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 7-8 ounces Firm Tofu
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast (Optional)
- 1 whole avocado
- 1 whole bell pepper
- 4 tortillas whole wheat (Or 1 slice of whole wheat toast)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place oil in pan on medium heat. While heating, smash firm tofu in separate bowl and chop bell pepper..
- Add tofu and bell pepper to the pan. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add all spices. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Salt to taste (optional).
- While tofu cooks on low. Smash avocado in separate bowl with salt to taste.
- Use a butter knife to spread avocado on tortilla or toast.
- Top with tofu and bell pepper. Fold tortilla and enjoy!
This tofu Scramble has a great taste but the downside is it requires about 1/2 tsp or more salt for the soy to fully absorb and release an all around delicious taste. This recipe is delicious with salsa or your choice of hot sauce. The nutrition facts does not include added salt as this depends on your own preference.