Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Egg salad sandwiches can be high in cholesterol if eaten regularly, try this recipe for a healthy, protein packed alternative!
- 1 can Chickpeas (Rinsed and drained)
- 3 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 2 Pickles (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper as needed
- 4 slices Whole Grain/Whole Wheat Bread
- Sliced Avocado, onion, tomato, and spinach (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a for for texture.
Add pickles, mayo, mustard, agave, salt, pepper, and mix with spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add seeds.
Toast bread (Optional) and prepare any other sandwich toppings desired.
Scoop any amount of filling onto two pieces of bread, add toppings.
The mixture will keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, making it great for quick weekday lunches.